Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oh the joys

Let me first say that I had a great pregnancy with Elizabeth. Though stressful at times,ok most of the time, I felt GREAT! When I started having baby fever, I thought..." Oh how I miss having a baby belly!" I will admit that the first half of this pregnancy was great! The further along I got, the more painful it got. With Elizabeth I had severe sciatica,controlled with meds. So this time around I thought the pain I was having was the same,so they put me on the same meds. I was SOOOOO wrong! The pain I am having is far worse than anything I have ever experienced,even back labor. I know I am in the home stretch now with 7 weeks left. I actually broke down and cried today because I couldn't get out of the tub... it took me a good 10 minutes to find a way to manuever myself so my pelvis was stable enough to put pressure on it. If I wasn't 100% sure of no more kids after this one... I sure as hell am positive now. The doctor's keep telling me to use a heating pad,icy hot(which I do not recomend putting icy hot on your hips or anywhere close to your nether regions!) seeing a chiropractor,and hot baths... none of which work. Don't get me wrong, I am excited that we were blessed to get pregnant and that we are having a boy. I just am miserable. Not only do I have the physical pain I am also experiencing depression during pregnancy. Which was controlled with meds, but I am weaned off of them now to avoid the baby going through withdrawls after birth. I will then be put back on them to control any PPD I may get. I know it sounds like I am a bowl of complaints... I am... but like I said I am blessed in so many ways, these are just the shitty aspects of this pregnancy. Who knew my 2 pregnancies would be so different?! I am now starting to prepare myself for the range of emotions that will come from Elizabeth after Austin is home and she realizes he isn't going anywhere. I guess I need to surf Amazon for some books.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You poor thing!!! There is nothing worse than a back ache, especially when there is NOTHING you can do to cure it. I will be thinking of you sweetie....hang in there. Only 7 weeks to go :-)

A day in the life of the Wiettings said...

it's not even in my back! I could handle a back ache.. this is up front hip to hip pelvis pain! Thanks Jen!